April 15, 2019
Vans and Pass~Port Skateboards Release
Available April 20 at Select Vans Pro Skate Retailers Globally
In skateboarding, community is everything. Anywhere in the world, if you skate, you’ll find a home among the local scene. Australia’s Pass~Port has built a worldwide following by fostering skaters and creatives alike, pushing boundaries with rich and honest visuals backed by a feeling that what matters most is that you do whatever you do with soul. In honor of this spirit, Vans Pro Skate unveils a limited-edition Pass~Port Sid Pro and matching Bomber Jacket to mark the second collaboration between the two authentic skateboarding brands.
Defined by an embossed allover brick pattern, Pass~Port’s new Vans collection is inspired by local spot “Fitzy Plaza” located in Edinsburgh Gardens, North Fitzroy. The burnt red brick community building and the lush green footy fields surrounding the spot were a direct influence on the shoes and jacket design. With custom tongue labels and embroidered Pass~Port logos on the instep and heel, the Sid Pro—a reintroduced 90s Vans style almost exclusively utilized as a silhouette for collaboration—references the digger man motif often seen in Pass~Port graphics and the brand’s retro visuals inspired by skate videos of decades past.
Available in limited quantities on April 20 in two unique colorways through select Vans Pro Skate accounts, the new Vans Pass~Port collection features:
Vans x Pass~Port Sid Pro:
- Custom Pass~Port labels and packaging including embroidered logos and footbed graphics
- Souvenir Vans x Pass~Port Keychain
- Duracap-reinforced upper construction in high-wear areas for skateboarding
- Enhanced with UltraCush HD sockliners for premium cushioning built for skateboarding
Supporting the Sid Pro is a custom Bomber Jacket with mirroring brick iconography.
Vans x Pass~Port Bomber:
- Flight satin fabrication with lightweight poly fill
- Custom Vans x Pass~Port interior woven label and contrasting white brick quilted stitching on the inside.
- Vans and Pass~Port embroidered logos on chest and neck
- Custom Vans x Pass~Port enamel pin on sleeve pocket
- Large screen-printed digger man artwork on back
Founded in 2009 by Trent Evans, the Pass~Port brand exists to push progression and support creativity in skateboarding and beyond. In the decade since inception, the brand has gone on to become one of Australia’s most celebrated skate exports, making a mark at home and abroad while continuing to foster local Australian skaters and the creative community at large. As the soaring mosaic in their new Darlinghurst, Sydney store and gallery says, it’s all about “International Solidarity.”